Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 5 - 21 Day Challenge 5K Prep - I ran twice today

Hey everyone... I wanted to start with educational material.  Today I have linked a video of a speech by Dr. Kay Jamison.  She is a professor of psychiatry at Hopkins.  I checked out 3 of her books from the library and just returned them today.  She has an amazing personal study of her battle with depression.   One of her most popular books is called "Exuberance: the passion for life".  She examines the lives of many enthusiastic people especially scientist.  I hope you guys read and enjoy it.

I have ran for 5 straight days.... This is a big accomplishment for me....Check out this video clip sent to me from Nike.  Since I was feeling so good after my previous evening runs, I decided that I would starting running twice a day, morning and evening. I just repeat the same program for both runs.


Data Distance (Miles) Time per mile
10/8/10 1.73 11'40"
10/9/10 1.78 11'28"
10/10/10 1.6 10'07"
10/11/10 1.81 10'35"
10/12/10 Morning 1.71 Unknown
10/12/10 Evening 1.71 11'23"



I have been very busy today.  I found free exercise videos on ExerciseTv.tv so I started my day off with Yoga and Ab exercise.    Even though it is beginners yoga, I had a lot of trouble with downward facing dog or whatever the name of that pose is.  I spent a lot of time in child's pose.  The ab workout was gruesome, talking about feeling the burn but I guess this is what you have to do in order to become like the "Situation".  I just need to work on the Laundry part of GTL, I have the tan part down.

Thanks to everyone that has written me.  Your support is so greatly appreciated.  And for being such great friends in my time of need.. here is a awesome song:  High Time by Brent Berry and Honest Abe

No comments:

Post a Comment